Low-Voltage Direct Current Boosts Design Flexibility
As commercial offices look to develop their workplaces of the future, a low voltage direct current (LVDC) power distribution design has the potential to enrich workspace flexibility and integration with future workplace technologies. Transitioning from a traditional, stationary space configuration to a more flexible and fluid space design will be vital in ensuring an efficient and future-proof workplace setup. Utilizing a direct current distribution design with direct current-powered devices will also provide benefits in energy reduction as office spaces continue to implement renewable energy resources and strive towards Zero Net Energy.
LVDC power distribution design provides offices with the following key benefits:
- Lenient installation requirements for LVDC wiring when compared to traditional wiring.
- Installation and modifications to the LVDC wiring may only require a licensed low voltage contractor.
- Installation and modifications to the LVDC wiring may not require an intensive permitting process.
- Energy reduction by utilizing native DC loads.
- LVDC system can be easily integrated into Zero Net Energy buildings utilizing DC powered renewable energy sources.