Student Internship – Architectural
Do you believe design can improve lives? That it can increase productivity, engage employees and promote wellbeing? All at the same time? We do. RSP Architects is looking for creative, smart, problem-solvers to be a part of our Student Internship Program. RSP Architects believes in supporting education, giving back to the community, as well as providing the same growth opportunities that were once offered to our now senior leaders. RPS Architects’ Internship Program strives to provide students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills learned in school to real projects within our firm.
We are currently accepting applications for Architectural Student Interns to provide support for project teams in various aspects of project and office administrative duties and architectural drafting support. Our ideal candidate is passionate about design, particular about the details and craves collaboration. You possess a self-initiated work style with the ability and agility to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in project administrative duties (i.e. running plots and scans, assembling drawing issue, light typing (field notes, matrices, reports), and managing stick sets
- Participate in office administrative duties (i.e. feeding plotters, managing supplies)
- Architectural drafting support in collaboration with other team members
- Contribute to a fast-paced process to meet internal and external client needs and project deadlines
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Must be a current student and have at least completed junior year of undergraduate degree in Architecture by end of Spring 2017
- Experience in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, Sketch Up, and Microsoft Office
- Proven design capabilities on architectural concept and design development
- Ability to manage work activities and time efficiently according to project timelines
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong design, graphics, and presentation skills
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and samples of work/portfolio into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. Please provide a link to your portfolio/work samples that exceed 10MB. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide samples of their work.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.