Established in 2012, our Fort Worth office currently specializes in retail. The only RSP office with engineers on staff, this team focuses on national roll-out programs for clients like Walgreens and PetSmart and distribution/warehouse work for Nestle, UPS, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods and more.
Our Texas team is currently seeking a Structural Engineer with proficiency in the design and detailing of industrial building types, and has a strong background in foundation, concrete, steel and tilt-up design.
- Deliver accurate project plans, specifications and construction documents on time and budget to exceed client’s expectations
- Coordinate with client’s vendors, consultants, permit expeditors, general contractors, state and city officials and inspectors throughout the CD and CA phases of a project
- Prepare structural engineering calculations and design, prepare detailing and direct drafting production staff
- CAD capability to be able to augment efforts of the designer staff
- Coordinate technical efforts with other team members
- Budget and schedule management
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate strong customer-service skills
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to helping the team succeed
Bachelor of Science degree in Structural (or Civil) Engineering required
- Licensed engineer, or actively pursuing
- EIT Certification required
- Minimum of 6 years of project Structural Engineering experience preferred
- Relevant project experience in industrial building design preferred
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Suite required
- LEED AP certification preferred
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP prides itself on being a great place to work. Our employees enjoy respect, room to grow, and the opportunity to do exceptional work; we take pride in their loyalty and dedication. We provide competitive benefits and contribute to health, dental, and life insurance, offer 401K, employee stock ownership plan and more. And, we like to have fun!
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require an accommodation in making an application through our online system, please either call (612) 677-7100 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your name, a phone number, email address or other means of contacting you, and a brief description of the nature of the requested accommodation. RSP will then contact you to discuss your request. Please note that this phone line and email address are to be used solely to request an accommodation during the application process. These are not to be used for checking on the status of an application already submitted.