Senior Technician (Retail)
FOR OUR FAST-PACE RETAIL TEAM
Expert in Revit? With experience in building design and construction? And do you want to work on a fun, dynamic team for one of the country’s strongest retail brands? At one of the largest architecture firms in the Midwest? Enhance our fast-growing retail team by adding your experience in building design and construction detailing. We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience to collaborate with our architects, designers and project managers to ensure design intent is accurately represented and documented. Work at one of the largest firms in the Midwest, in one of the coolest buildings in Minneapolis, on one our premier clients, within a team that knows how to have a good time. (Think: cooking competitions, softball, and crazy sock day.)
- Provide support for project team as directed by project team leaders
- Provide high-quality support for project teams as directed by project team leaders
- Assist in developing design concepts from early phases through construction documents
- Assist with the development of construction document detailing the design and material attributes for all aspects of the project using various computer programs
- Manage work activities and time efficiently to meet project schedules.
- Meet, communicate and coordinate appropriately with clients & consultants
What we are looking for:
- Ability to both multitask and be organized
- Willing attitude to learn new processes
- Strong communication skills
- Quality minded, confident, self-motivated individuals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Adept at dealing with multiple projects ranging from simple to complex.
- Experience working in a team environment with a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadline
- An aptitude for growing as an architect, including learning about building technology and the construction process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Technical Architectural degree required
- 3+ years of professional experience
- A strong technical background is required including experience with the development of the construction process
- Proficient computer skills including experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketchup
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines is a must
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building codes
- Previous Role: Techncian
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.