Senior Technician (Retail)
FOR OUR FAST-PACE RETAIL TEAM
RSP Architects is a diverse firm of 250+ professionals serving a wide range of clients in over ten market sectors nationally and internationally including many Fortune 500 companies. Working holistically, RSP Architects proactively manages clients’ real estate portfolios and excels at finding efficiencies through design to create inviting, sustainable, productive environments. RSP brings together a multidisciplinary team of architects, planners, landscape architects, interior designers, facility managers, and government and military planners/designers.
RSP’s Retail studio is currently seeking a Senior Technician: One of the largest architectural firms in Minnesota, RSP Architects has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions for a wide range of clients. Our Retail & Prototype Program Management team is looking for a new team member to work with major clients in the retail, grocery, and restaurant sectors.
- Provide support for project team as directed by project team leaders
- Provide high-quality support for project teams as directed by project team leaders
- Assist in developing design concepts from early phases through construction documents
- Assist with the development of construction document detailing the design and material attributes for all aspects of the project using various computer programs
- Manage work activities and time efficiently to meet project schedules.
- Meet, communicate and coordinate appropriately with clients & consultants
What we are looking for:
- Ability to both multitask and be organized
- Willing attitude to learn new processes
- Strong communication skills
- Quality minded, confident, self-motivated individuals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Adept at dealing with multiple projects ranging from simple to complex.
- Experience working in a team environment with a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadline
- An aptitude for growing as an architect, including learning about building technology and the construction process
- Two-year technical degree required
- 3+ years of professional experience
- A strong technical background is required including experience with the development of the construction process
- Proficient computer skills including experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketchup
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines is a must
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building codes
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size.
RSP prides itself on being a great place to work. Our employees enjoy respect, room to grow, and the opportunity to do exceptional work; we take pride in their loyalty and dedication. We provide competitive benefits and contribute to health, dental, and life insurance, offer 401K, employee stock ownership plan and more. And, we like to have fun!
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require an accommodation in making an application through our online system, please either call (612) 677-7100 or send an email to email@example.com. You will need to provide your name, a phone number, email address or other means of contacting you, and a brief description of the nature of the requested accommodation. RSP will then contact you to discuss your request. Please note that this phone line and email address are to be used solely to request an accommodation during the application process. These are not to be used for checking on the status of an application already submitted.