The Dallas/Ft. Worth office of RSP Architects continues to grow. The predominant focus of this office is currently on the retail market and supply chain sectors. RSP has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions on time and on budget for a wide range of clients nationwide.
We are seeking a Project Captain with robust BIM and AutoCAD skills, experienced in construction document production for structural steel framed, tilt-wall concrete, insulated metal panel and/or commercial masonry buildings to join our growing team.
- Work with senior staff to respond to project and program requirements
- Able to research and implement jurisdictional zoning, site planning, and building codes
- Understand and implement all applicable codes and regulations and ensure compliance
- Evaluate work progress and inform senior staff regarding production expectations
- Prepare design drawings, models, and/or specifications as directed by senior staff
- Integrate tenant interior project document deliverables with core & shell documents
- Integrate architectural design and/or models with structural, mechanical and electrical systems
- Understand and prepare architectural detailing requisite to project document production
- Participate in technical discussions with contractor, consultants, project teams, and clients
- Submit required documents to jurisdictional authorities for plan review and permitting
- Respond to plan review comments, construction submittals and requests for information as directed by senior staff
- Understand and utilize information found in project budgets, schedules, and contracts
- Perform observations during project construction, confirming compliance with contract documents for senior staff
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional architectural degree required
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional architectural experience required
- Proficient knowledge in Revit (or similar parametric BIM systems), AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Demonstrably skilled in production of construction drawings and construction specifications for assembly, business, educational, factory, institutional, storage, utility, and/or mercantile facilities
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building codes, design and construction
- NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) registration preferred
- Ability to hand-sketch solutions to design and/or construction issues
- Previous supervisory experience and/or field construction experience preferred
- LEED AP with specialty credentials and/or certified training in current energy codes preferred
- Leadership ability within a fast-paced team-based environment focused on meeting both client expectations and production targets set by senior staff
- Motivated to develop and teach corporate production standards in expanded technologies
- Ability to travel to project sites as required in the execution of job responsibilities
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.