Project Architect / Project Captain (Retail)
FOR OUR FAST-PACE RETAIL STUDIO
Do you like to be challenged? Our Retail & Prototype Program management studio is currently seeking a Project Architect or Project Captain: One of the largest architectural firms in Minnesota, RSP Architects has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions for a wide range of clients. Our Retail & Prototype Program Management team is looking for a new team member to work with major clients in the retail, grocery, and restaurant sectors.
Project Architects/Project Captains* are responsible for coordinating the development of drawings on a multi-disciplined team. Lead and mentor less experienced staff, implement the design intent and develop/ detail projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility are:
- Fiscal Responsibility-Responsible for understanding the teams assigned hours for given tasks on project(s)
- Contract Management-Understand the contracts on assigned project(s) and how they impact project delivery. Align efforts with contract scope and deliverables. Develop and deliver technical design.
- Project Delivery-Responsible for meeting deadlines on assigned project(s).
- Design-Responsible to support the design process in conjunction with delivering the construction documents.
- Relationship Management/Business Development- Maintain and strengthen relationships with clients, consultants and vendors through project work.
- Leadership-Responsible for strengthening relationships with internal and external teams. Be a positive representative for the firm within our industry.
Skills and Attributes:
- Quality minded, confident, self-motivated individuals
- Adept at dealing with multiple projects ranging from simple to very complex.
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- A commitment to helping the team succeed
Education and Experience:
- Professional Architectural Degree preferred
- Registered Architect License preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge in Revit, AutoCad, and Microsoft Office Suite a must
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building codes, design and construction
- Experience working in a team environment with a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines
- Previous supervisory experience
*Registered Architect- Project Architect title, Unregistered- Project Captain title
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.