Project Architect / Project Captain
Do you believe design can improve lives? That it can increase productivity, engage employees, and promote well-being all at the same time? We do. If you thrive in an energizing and collaborative work environment, we want to hear from you. RSP Architects is looking for an innovative, thoughtful, and experienced Project Architect or Project Captain to join our Phoenix team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about design, particular about the details, and craves collaboration.
RSP Architects is a diverse firm of 250+ professionals with a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions on time and on budget for a wide range of clients nationwide. Working holistically, RSP Architects proactively manages clients’ real estate portfolios and excels at finding efficiencies through design to create inviting, sustainable, productive environments. RSP brings together a multidisciplinary team of architects, planners, landscape architects, interior designers, facility management, government and military planning and design together.
Project Architects and Project Captains* are responsible for coordinating the development of drawings on a multi-disciplined team, lead and mentor less experienced staff, implement the design intent and develop/ detail projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility are:
- Fiscal Responsibility– Responsible for understanding the teams assigned hours for given tasks on project(s)
- Contract Management– Understand the contracts on assigned project(s) and how they impact project delivery, align efforts with contract scope and deliverables, and develop and deliver technical design
- Project Delivery– Responsible for meeting deadlines on assigned project(s)
- Design– Responsible to support the design process in conjunction with delivering the construction documents
- Relationship Management/Business Development– Maintain and strengthen relationships with clients, consultants and vendors through project work
- Leadership– Responsible for strengthening relationships with internal and external teams. Be a positive representative for the firm within our industry
Skills and Attributes:
- Quality minded, confident, self-motivated individuals
- Adept at dealing with multiple projects ranging from simple to very complex
- Ability to transition between corporate building and corporate interiors
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- A commitment to helping the team succeed
Education and Experience:
- Professional Architectural or Interior Design degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience preferred
- Experience in corporate interiors as well as architecture preferred
- Proficient knowledge in Revit, AutoCad, and Microsoft Office Suite a must
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building codes, design and construction
- Experience working in a team environment with a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines
- Previous supervisory experience
*Registered Architect: Project Architect title; Unregistered: Project Captain title
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment can be up to 10MB in size.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.