Job Captain (Retail)
for our fast-pace retail team
Represent. That’s what our job captain’s do. Represent our design intent, schedule, budget, and just about everything associated with a project to our consultant team and others. And we are looking for an experienced job captain to join our retail team. Someone with great communication skills, who loves to multi-task and manage. Our retail team works closely with one of the nation’s best, design-forward brands. In joining RSP, you join our family. A close-knit team that works hard and plays hard, regularly hosting team competitions over everything from socks to pies. We offer an open, highly collaborative work environment within one of the largest firms in the Midwest. So if you are looking for your next career move, apply today.
- Involved with the production & coordination of projects with internal team and consultants
- Assist in the preparation of plans, drawings, details and specifications in accordance with client standards and specification
- Coordinate with the team in developing design concepts from early phases through design development
- Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specification, and material selections required for construction
- Coordinate closely with the Project Architect regarding production standards and procedures as well as technical requirements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Professional degree in architectural or related field preferred
- Experience in an architectural office desired
- Highly skilled in Revit and AutoCAD is a must
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building codes, design and construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work in a team environment with a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines
- Highly motivated
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires at least an Technical Architectural degree
- 7 years of architectural experience preferred
- Previous Role: Senior Technician
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of work into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.