The Dallas/Ft. Worth office of RSP Architects continues to grow. The predominant focus of this office is currently on the retail market and supply chain sectors. RSP has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions on time and on budget for a wide range of clients nationwide.
We are seeking a Job Captain with strong BIM and AutoCAD skills, experienced in construction document production for commercial building types to join our growing team.
- Work under the direction of senior staff to document project requirements
- Understand and document compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Progress steadily through document production and meet senior staff expectations
- Prepare design deliverables as directed by senior staff
- Coordinate architectural design and/or models with consulting engineering design
- Understand and prepare architectural detailing requisite to project document production
- Participate in technical discussions with contractor, consultants, project teams, and clients
- Respond to senior staff direction, comments, and quality control reviews
- Periodically observe project construction and reporting on construction document compliance
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical or Professional Architectural Degree required
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional architectural experience required
- Must be highly proficient in Computer-aided Drafting (AutoCAD), Building Information Management system modeling (utilizing Revit or other parametric-based software), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Developing knowledge and understanding of building codes, design, and physical construction required
- Ability to hand-sketch responses to design and/or construction questions required
- NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) registration preferred
- Experience with preliminary modeling software (SketchUp), 3D visualization software (3DS MAX), and graphic manipulation software (PhotoShop or GIMP) preferred
- LEED Green Associate credentials preferred
- Able to function in a fast-paced team-based environment focused on meeting client expectations and production targets set by senior staff
- Motivated to learn and apply corporate production standards in expanded technologies
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size.
RSP prides itself on being a great place to work. Our employees enjoy respect, room to grow, and the opportunity to do exceptional work; we take pride in their loyalty and dedication. We provide competitive benefits and contribute to health, dental, and life insurance, offer 401K, employee stock ownership plan and more. And, we like to have fun!
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require an accommodation in making an application through our online system, please either call (612) 677-7100 or send an email to email@example.com. You will need to provide your name, a phone number, email address or other means of contacting you, and a brief description of the nature of the requested accommodation. RSP will then contact you to discuss your request. Please note that this phone line and email address are to be used solely to request an accommodation during the application process. These are not to be used for checking on the status of an application already submitted.