Job Captain (Corporate)
Do you believe design can improve lives? That it can increase productivity, engage employees and promote well-being all at the same time? We do. RSP Architects is looking for creative, smart, problem-solvers to join our Corporate Workplace Team. The 40 members of our Corporate Workplace Team work with Fortune 50 corporate clients to deliver dynamic work-spaces across the globe. Our ideal candidate is passionate about design, particular about the details and craves collaboration. You also speak “corporate” and know how to translate a company’s mission into space.
Our team is currently looking for an experienced Job Captain. Job Captains are responsible for delivery of drawings on projects and mentoring less experienced staff. They are also responsible for delivering drawings that comply to RSP Standards.
- Understanding the time and fee impacts of the required project tasks
- Work toward a general working knowledge of the contracts on assigned projects(s)
- Responsible for day to day project delivery
- Engaging and communicating with project team members and work in conjunction toward a common goal
- Recognizing leadership opportunities within their project team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in an architectural office desired
- Expert in BIM and CAD
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building codes, design and construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work in a team environment with a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines
- Ability to coordinate with a multi-disciplined team
- Highly motivated
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires at least an Technical Architectural degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience preferred
- Previous Role: Senior Technician
- A strong technical background is required including experience with the development of the construction process
- Proficient computer skills including experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketchup
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.