IWMS Technician (i_SPACE Chicago, IL)
The RSP i_SPACE division within RSP Architects, an award-winning national architecture firm, is seeking a CAFM/IWMS Technician to join our team at our Client’s facility as a full-time on-site Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) Technician (also formerly known as a Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) Technician). This job will be served from the Client’s Chicago headquarters.
The prime responsibilities will be to assist the Client’s Space Planners and workplace staff to maintain accurate seating/occupancy floor plans as well as space occupancy records for all facilities using their Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS), assist in integrating the IWMS system into their existing space and move management processes, and act as a systems administrator for the IWMS system.
UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF CLIENT MANAGERS THIS ROLE WILL ALSO:
- Train other users on basic IWMS use in the Client’s environment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with processes and IWMS system functionality
- Conduct field measurement and verification surveys.
- Assist in preparing scenarios for complex moves.
- Assist in preparing space planning options.
- Assist in analysis for occupancy planning.
- Maintain project documentation and project plans for renovation/move projects.
- Suggest opportunities to improve IWMS usage in space and move activities and to support other business processes.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Mid-level AutoCAD (relevant to facilities management)
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) suite experience.
- Database organization and management familiarity. Able to browse, add, edit, and delete data records through a web browser form while maintaining overall integrity of accuracy of data store contents.
- Able to assist database administrator by identifying potential issues and carrying out assigned tasks.
- Excellent personal time management, task organization and communication skills.
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience in drafting, architecture, interior design, building/construction sciences, or facility management.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- IWMS (FM: Interact v8.4 or higher) Space Management module experience.
- IWMS (FM: Interact) Move Management, Maintenance Management, and/or Scenario Planning module experience.
- Space management, occupancy management, and/or move management experience.
- Familiarity with space planning, occupancy planning and/or move logistics.
- Familiarity with and IWMS report creation.
- Familiarity with BOMA floor measurement standards.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.