Interior Designer (Corporate)
Do you believe design can improve lives? That it can increase productivity, engage employees and promote wellbeing? All at the same time? We do. RSP Architects is looking for creative, smart, problem-solvers to join our team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about design, particular about the details and craves collaboration.
Interior Designers lead and collaborate on interiors projects at RSP. An Interior Designer is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare while creating functional and aesthetically pleasing interior environments. They support the lead designer on multiple projects by collaborating on design, product sourcing, presentation preparation, and documents and specification production for various project phases. Interior Designers are responsible and accountable to the Principal-in-Charge or Project Manager for successful projects that deliver quality interior design, meet RSP profit goals and result in a happy client.
- Meeting the goals and objectives of their projects as approved by the Principal-in-Charge and/or Project Manager
- Meet all aspects of contract requirements set by the Project Manager
- Support the design vision and efforts
- Support all interior aspects of project delivery
- Building new and future “trusted-partner” relationships in support of successful project delivery
- Through their example and guidance, are a resource for encouraging their team members’ professional development
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Revit a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of systems furniture
- Understanding of building codes
- Ability to create a space plan
- Experience in proactively communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel frequently within the metro area
Education and Experience:
- 3 years at a corporate architectural firm
- Professional Interior Design Degree from a CIDA school preferred
- Experience working in professional interior design studio preferred
- Completed academic internship required
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of work into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.