Electrical Engineer in Training
Established in 2012, our Fort Worth office currently specializes in retail and distribution centers. The only RSP office with engineers on staff, this team focuses on national roll-out programs for clients like Walgreens and PetSmart and distribution/warehouse work for Nestle, UPS, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods and more.
Our Texas team is looking for candidates that will be competent in the design and detailing of industrial building types, and have a strong background in low-voltage AC 3-phase power systems and lighting design.
- Work with registered engineer to deliver accurate project plans, specifications and construction documents on time and budget to exceed client’s expectations
- Coordinate with client’s vendors and consultants throughout the CD and CA phases of a project
- Prepare electrical engineering calculations and design, prepare detailing, and electrical equipment schedules
- Electrical power infrastructure design
- Lighting design and calculations
- Edit project specifications tailored to each project
- CADD capability to be able to augment efforts of the designer staff
- Visual Pro capability to model photometrics
- Coordinate technical efforts with other team members
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and possess strong customer service skills
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & detail
- A commitment to helping the team succeed
- AutoCAD knowledge preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering required
- EIT Certification preferred
- 2 years of project Electrical Engineering preferred
- Relevant project experience in industrial building design preferred
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.