Design Architect / Designer
Do you believe design can improve lives? That it can increase productivity, engage employees, and promote wellbeing? All at the same time? We do. If you thrive in an energizing and collaborative work environment, we want to hear from you.
RSP Architects is looking for an innovative, thoughtful, and experienced Designer to join our Phoenix team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about design, particular about the details, and craves collaboration. RSP Architects is a diverse firm of 250+ professionals with a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions on time and on budget for a wide range of clients nationwide. Working holistically, RSP Architects proactively manages clients’ real estate portfolios and excels at finding efficiencies through design to create inviting, sustainable, productive environments. RSP brings together a multidisciplinary team of architects, planners, landscape architects, interior design, facility management, government and military planning and design.
Designers are responsible for:
- Aiding the Project Designer and Senior Project Designer in delivering overall design quality consistent with scope, budget and project goals
- Communicating and integrating design work efforts with the internal project team and external consultants
- Supporting Project Designer and Senior Project Designer’s efforts to meet client design expectations and facilitate future projects
- Aiding Project Designer in preparing proposals and interview strategies
- Working with Project Designer to understand client design needs and articulate project design goals
- Communicating with Project Leadership the status of work assignments relative to scope, schedule and budget
What we are looking for:
- Ability to both multi-task and be organized
- Proactive problem solver
- High degree of diplomacy
- Willing attitude to learn new processes
- Strong communication skills
- Quality minded, confident, self-motivated individuals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Adept at dealing with multiple projects ranging from simple to very complex.
- Experience working in a team environment with a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadline
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Professional degree in architectural or related field
- Licensed architect a plus*
- Minimum 3 years of professional architectural experience
- Mastery with computer modeling and visualization software (SketchUp, Revit, 3D Studio, Lumion, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of building design and construction detailing
- Working knowledge and understanding of construction drawings (plans, sections, elevations) and their relationship to each other at various scales
*Registered Architect/Design Architect, Unregistered/Designer
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment can be up to 10MB in size.
RSP prides itself on being a great place to work. Our employees enjoy respect, room to grow, and the opportunity to do exceptional work; we take pride in their loyalty and dedication. We provide competitive benefits and contribute to health, dental, and life insurance, offer 401K, employee stock ownership plan and more. And, we like to have fun!
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require an accommodation in making an application through our online system, please either call (612) 677-7100 or send an email to email@example.com. You will need to provide your name, a phone number, email address or other means of contacting you, and a brief description of the nature of the requested accommodation. RSP will then contact you to discuss your request. Please note that this phone line and email address are to be used solely to request an accommodation during the application process. These are not to be used for checking on the status of an application already submitted.