Architectural Intern (Retail)
for our fast-pace Retail team
Exposure. To design. Project management. Construction. Clients. We offer our architectural interns exposure to all of it. Pretty much starting on day one. So if you want to jump in with both feet and Do architecture, work with us. We’re RSP, one of the largest firms in the Midwest. Which means we also offer project diversity within an open, highly collaborative, studio environment. We have an immediate opening for an architectural intern in our retail studio, working with one of the country’s best, design-forward brands. Our retail team knows how to work hard and play hard, regularly hosting team competitions over everything from socks to pies. So if you are a self-starter with strong Revit skills and some technical experience, apply today.
- Responsible for understanding their assigned hours for given tasks on assigned project(s)
- Work toward a general working knowledge of the contracts on assigned projects(s)
- Responsible for assisting with meeting all deadlines associated with assigned project(s) as directed
- Responsible for assisting with the design process in all media when appropriate
- Work towards developing relationships with consultants and vendors on assigned project(s)
- Responsible for developing relationships and mentorship opportunities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A strong technical background is required
- Experience with the development of the construction process
- Proficient computer skills including experience with AutoCAD, Revit
- Highly skilled in 3D modeling, rendering, Adobe Design Suite
- LEED AP preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines
- Highly motivated
Education and Experience:
- Professional architectural degree required
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferred
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of work into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.