Architectural Intern (Retail)
for our fast-pace Retail studio
Do you like to be challenged? Our Retail & Prototype Program management studio is currently seeking an Architectural Intern: One of the largest architectural firms in Minnesota, RSP Architects has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions for a wide range of clients. Our Retail & Prototype Program Management team is looking for a new team member to work with major clients in the retail, grocery, and restaurant sectors.
Architectural Interns support the project as directed by the project manager or project architect. This person assists in many aspects of the design and documentation of project. Architectural Interns should be curious and have a willingness to learn. There will also be the chance to develop understanding of basic drawings including plans, sections, and elevations for your respective project.
Key Areas of Responsibility are:
- Fiscal Responsibility– Responsible for understanding their assigned hours for given tasks on assigned project(s).
- Contract Management– Work toward a general working knowledge of the contracts on assigned projects(s)
- Project Delivery– Responsible for assisting with meeting all deadlines associated with assigned project(s) as directed.
- Design– Responsible for assisting with the design process in all media when appropriate.
- Relationship Management/ Business Development– Work towards developing relationships with consultants and vendors on assigned project(s).
- Leadership– Responsible for developing relationships and mentorship opportunities.
Skills and Attributes:
- A strong technical background is required
- Experience with the development of the construction process
- Proficient computer skills including experience with AutoCAD, Revit
- Highly skilled in 3D modeling, rendering, Adobe Design Suite
- LEED AP preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines
- Highly motivated
Education and Experience:
- Professional architectural degree required
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferred
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of work into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.