Architectural Intern (Government)
for our Government studio
We are seeking a bright candidate that would fill the roll of an Architectural Intern or Technician for our Government studio. As RSP’s Government studio says, “Our military team takes pride in serving those who serve our country. For our military clients we design attractive, cost-effective, energy-efficient, flexible facilities that support their users’ mission. Clients include U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.”
Architectural Interns and Technicians support the project as directed by the project manager or project architect. This person assists in many aspects of the design and documentation of project. Architectural Interns and Technicians should be curious and have a willingness to learn. There will also be the chance to develop understanding of basic drawings including plans, sections, and elevations for your respective project.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY ARE:
- Fiscal Responsibility– Responsible for understanding their assigned hours for given tasks on assigned project(s).
- Contract Management– Work toward a general working knowledge of the contracts on assigned projects(s)
- Project Delivery– Responsible for assisting with meeting all deadlines associated with assigned project(s) as directed.
- Design– Responsible for assisting with the design process in all media when appropriate.
- Relationship Management/ Business Development– Work towards developing relationships with consultants and vendors on assigned project(s).
- Leadership– Responsible for developing relationships and mentorship opportunities.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A strong technical background is required
- Experience with the development of the construction process
- Proficient computer skills including experience with AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and Microstation
- Highly skilled in 3D modeling, rendering, Adobe Design Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a fast-paced process to meet client needs and deadlines
- Highly motivated
- LEED AP preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional architectural degree required
- Minimum experience required: internship at a professional architecture firm
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of work into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP prides itself on being a great place to work. Our employees enjoy respect, room to grow, and the opportunity to do exceptional work; we take pride in their loyalty and dedication. We provide competitive benefits and contribute to health, dental, and life insurance, offer 401K, employee stock ownership plan and more. And, we like to have fun!
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require an accommodation in making an application through our online system, please either call (612) 677-7100 or send an email to email@example.com. You will need to provide your name, a phone number, email address or other means of contacting you, and a brief description of the nature of the requested accommodation. RSP will then contact you to discuss your request. Please note that this phone line and email address are to be used solely to request an accommodation during the application process. These are not to be used for checking on the status of an application already submitted.