The Dallas/Ft. Worth office of RSP Architects continues to grow. The predominant focus of this office is currently on the retail market and supply chain sectors. RSP has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions on time and on budget for a wide range of clients nationwide.
We are seeking an Architectural Intern with well-rounded BIM and AutoCAD skills and practical exposure to commercial construction document production to join our growing team.
- Document compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Progress steadily through document production, meeting senior staff expectations
- Prepare design deliverables as directed by senior staff
- Develop architectural design and/or models, coordinating with consulting engineering design as directed by senior staff
- Prepare and implement architectural detailing requisite to project document production
- Participate in technical discussions with contractor, consultants, project teams, and clients
- Respond to senior staff direction, comments, and quality control reviews
- Visit projects during construction with senior staff to observe construction means and methods
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of a Professional Architectural degree and one (1) year of professional architectural experience required; or a minimum of a technical or baccalaureate degree and three (3) years of professional architectural and/or on-site construction experience required
- Demonstrable proficiency in Computer-aided Drafting (AutoCAD) and Building Information Management system modeling (utilizing Revit or other parametric-based software) required
- Basis knowledge of building codes, design, and physical construction required
- Ability to hand-sketch and legibly hand-write required
- NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) registration preferred
- Experience with preliminary modeling software (SketchUp), 3D visualization software (3DS MAX), gaming development software (Unreal Engine), and/or graphic manipulation software (PhotoShop or GIMP) desirable
- Flexibility to function in a fast-paced team-based environment focused on meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Motivated to both be trained by senior staff and share knowledge of new technologies
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of work into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP prides itself on being a great place to work. Our employees enjoy respect, room to grow, and the opportunity to do exceptional work; we take pride in their loyalty and dedication. We provide competitive benefits and contribute to health, dental, and life insurance, offer 401K, employee stock ownership plan and more. And, we like to have fun!
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require an accommodation in making an application through our online system, please either call (612) 677-7100 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your name, a phone number, email address or other means of contacting you, and a brief description of the nature of the requested accommodation. RSP will then contact you to discuss your request. Please note that this phone line and email address are to be used solely to request an accommodation during the application process. These are not to be used for checking on the status of an application already submitted.