The Dallas/Ft. Worth office of RSP Architects continues to grow. The predominant focus of this office is currently on the retail market and supply chain sectors. RSP has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions on time and on budget for a wide range of clients nationwide.
We are seeking an Architectural Intern with well-rounded BIM and AutoCAD skills and practical exposure to commercial construction document production to join our growing team.
- Document compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Progress steadily through document production, meeting senior staff expectations
- Prepare design deliverables as directed by senior staff
- Develop architectural design and/or models, coordinating with consulting engineering design as directed by senior staff
- Prepare and implement architectural detailing requisite to project document production
- Participate in technical discussions with contractor, consultants, project teams, and clients
- Respond to senior staff direction, comments, and quality control reviews
- Visit projects during construction with senior staff to observe construction means and methods
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of a Professional Architectural degree and one (1) year of professional architectural experience required; or a minimum of a technical or baccalaureate degree and three (3) years of professional architectural and/or on-site construction experience required
- Demonstrable proficiency in Computer-aided Drafting (AutoCAD) and Building Information Management system modeling (utilizing Revit or other parametric-based software) required
- Basis knowledge of building codes, design, and physical construction required
- Ability to hand-sketch and legibly hand-write required
- NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) registration preferred
- Experience with preliminary modeling software (SketchUp), 3D visualization software (3DS MAX), gaming development software (Unreal Engine), and/or graphic manipulation software (PhotoShop or GIMP) desirable
- Flexibility to function in a fast-paced team-based environment focused on meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Motivated to both be trained by senior staff and share knowledge of new technologies
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples of work into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.
RSP is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.